1. One of my favorite memories as a child was when I was reading the book A Girl of the Limberlost by Gene Stratton-Porter and my mom came to see what I wanted for lunch. She asked me what I was reading and I told her about the book. She promptly announced that we were going to make Limberlost Stew for lunch. She asked me what kinds of things Elnora (the main character) would have in her stew, and we went from there. Interestingly enough, my mom and I rarely got along when I was growing up, but the good times were always like this (read: always really good). Oh, and we get along fine now even though she insists on watching FOX News.
2. I still remember the name of my best friend from kindergarten. We were besties for roughly six months before her family moved to Utah. I still wonder what life would have been like had Jennifer Larson stayed around. I haven’t seen or heard from her since she moved.
3. My favorite color is red for most things like cars and motorcycles, but I’m a sucker for neon pinks, blues, and greens.
4. I play roller derby.
5. I love frogs and toads. I actually used to pick them up when I was little and pet them. Sometimes I’d give them a little kiss if they were particularly adorable. I never wanted them to turn into princes – I liked them for what they were: slimy, little piles of eew. I still love them. My first two tattoos were frogs.
6. I have five tattoos, but I’ve been tattooed six times. Yep, I had to get one covered up. I have two frogs, a dragon, goddess symbol (tri-moon), and my sorority’s open motto in Greek. I have tons more in mind that I want to get.
7. I belong to a sorority. Phi Sigma Sigma. It is an incredibly wonderful organization.
8. I graduated from the Metropolitan State College of Denver in May 2010 with a B.A. in Political Science.
9. Grammar and spelling are super important to me. I’m a great, big English nerd.
10. I’m gay.
11. I miss my Grandma Josephine every day of my life.
12. I love my girlfriend.
13. I miss my old boss, Nancy.
14. I’m attending Northwestern University (Big Ten, baby!) for a Master’s in Public Policy and Administration. I should have that by 2014. SO exciting!
That’s all I have for now. I’ll add to/update as I see fit.