I’ve been helping coach Sin City’s current fresh meat class since February. I love those girls. They never cease to amaze me. They get better, like, every practice. They’re encouraging of one another. It’s really wonderful to see.
They take skills next week.
After practice last night, they were asking questions about evals and what happens next. What happens? You are no longer a freshie. You go to FAST practice. You start scrimmaging.
And I teared up talking about it.
What. Who am I?
I am SO proud of those girls and everything they’ve accomplished.
No, this isn’t going to be a philosophical post about overcoming adversity or being better than you ever thought you could be.
Or maybe. But mostly it’s just this:
She’s just as spazzy as her namesake…
And really super adorable.
We went off-roading on our hike. Getting there was no big. Getting back, well, there was scrambling and the tiniest bit of worry…
- Tonight is the last VIP practice before the home team bout on Sunday.
- I have a horrible headache.
- There will be sushi for dinner.
- There will be hiking tomorrow morning with Little Sleazers, Becca, and the Beave.
- There will be Indian buffet for lunch tomorrow.
- There may be Jazz in the Park with Augusta, Sleazers, and Becca.
- There may be Thuggy’s party.
- There will be a team breakfast Sunday morning at 10am.
- There will be puppies and kittens!
- There will be ROLLER DERBY.
I could have opened with that. The rest is gravy!